Nothing screams summer quite like watermelon — And nothing screams party quite like vodka … So, you can imagine my delight to discover that it’s actually super easy to infuse watermelon with vodka! The the best part is (drumroll please) that you are hydrating as you dehydrate!
This recipe has become my go-to thing to bring to any summer pool party, BBQ or beach day, because it is always a huge crowd pleaser! You also don’t need to spend a lot of money on an expensive vodka for this recipe, because the sweetness of the watermelon is still what you taste most.
Next time you are headed to summer soiree, try making this and be sure and take a picture and tag #TheSweetLife so we can see how you guys are enjoying it!
The Sweet Life By Brittany + Cynthia Daniel
Watermelon Infused Vodka
What you’ll need:
• .75 liter bottle of vodka (we like to use Titos!)
• 1 large watermelon
How to do it:
• Rest your watermelon on the counter. If your watermelon doesn’t naturally have a flat side to it, then cut a ¼ inch piece off of it so that it can rest securely and stand up on its own.
• Next, remove the cap from your vodka and press it into the top of your watermelon. This will trace a nice little hole at the top. Use this guide to cut a circle in the top with a sharp knife and pull out circle piece of watermelon you just cut. This hole is going to be where the neck of your vodka bottle will sit. Be sure and save the piece you just cut out because you can use it as a plug later if you are transporting the watermelon anywhere!
• Using a spoon, hollow out the area inside the hole that you just made so that there is room for the neck of the vodka bottle. If you need to test the space, put the cap back on the bottle and see if it fits. You want to make sure that the bottle can fit securely in the hole you made.
• Next, place the vodka bottle in the hole without the cap on. To do this without creating a big mess, make sure that the hole is facing straight out to the side (as opposed to up towards you). Carefully place the bottle of vodka into the hole.
• Once the bottle is in the watermelon, carefully rotate the watermelon back to its original stabilized position so that the hole is pointing upward again. The bottle should now be completely inverted into the watermelon.
• Let the watermelon sit on the counter for 12-24 hours so that it gets nice and infused with the vodka. Once it’s ready, remove the bottle and place the watermelon in the fridge until you are ready to slice and serve!