It’s almost that time of year when I like to cozy up to a warm bowl of stew.
I’m temporarily living in beautiful and snowy Utah. Winter starts extra early here, so I was inspired to make a yummy beef stew for my family and it was a big hit!
Check out our You Tube video below.
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat + Tri-Tip
Salt + Pepper
1 Whole Medium Onion
3 Clove Garlic, Minced
4 Cups Low Sodium Beef Stock or Broth
Several Dashes Worcestershire
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
3-4 Whole Carrots
2 Full Turnips
1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
1. Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Brown meat in two batches, set aside on a plate when brown.
3. Add diced onions and garlic to pot, stir until softened.
4. Pour in beef stock, Worcestershire, tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, and sugar.
5. Add beef back to the pot and stir to combine.
6. Let simmer for 1.5-2 hours.
7. Add diced carrots and turnips.
8. Let simmer for 30 more minutes.
Check out our You Tube video on how we made it.
We hope you enjoyed it!
The Sweet Life by Brittany + Cynthia Daniel